Friday, July 15, 2005

The 70s, They Were Orange

This was either 1975 or 1976 - didn't I have the coolest wallpaper? I'm guessing that's why everything else is orange, lol. We moved out of that house in the summer of 1976 and I ended up with flocked wallpaper, blue and green daisies! Flocked wallpaper is a no, I don't care what year it is. I only remember a couple of things about that house, even though I was 5 when we moved. I remember that wallpaper (who wouldn't?) and watching television reflected in the hallway mirrors when we were supposed to be in bed. My parents still insist that couldn't have happened, that the angles were all wrong, but my sister and I know the truth. Oh, and I remember the one upstairs room and huge green glass hanging lamp in there. I'm hoping I'll remember more when I'm old; I won't know what happened ten minutes before, but I'll tell you all about some random thing from when I was four, or something. Jenny, sorry to disappoint with this post! ;)

8 Comments:

At Friday, July 15, 2005, Anonymous Jenny said...

CUTE! You look adorable. I don't know that I've ever seen a pic of little bitty Pea before. Were you homeschooled? Or did you just have a school desk in your bedroom?

As for the last bit - Huh? I don't get it? Unless you're referring to our conversation from last night? My brain is molasses which is why this comment is neither witty or clever. I attempted it, but it came out all wrong. And you wouldn't have known that, but I just told you and the whole damn intenet. JUST STOP. Okay, I will.

 
At Friday, July 15, 2005, Blogger peashelle said...

Not home schooled, Catholic schooled - I just had a desk in my bedroom.

lol - yes, that's what I meant, you are not a molasses-head! ;)

 
At Friday, July 15, 2005, Anonymous Jenny said...

I stand by my original opinion. I still think that would make a highly entertaining blog post.

"Sex sells". :P

Um... feel free to delete this if you think I've been too cheeky. *blush*

 
At Friday, July 15, 2005, Anonymous Limey said...

Great pic of you though that wallpaper is a little bit scarey...but then weren't the whole of the 70's just a lil bit scarey?

I have no idea what the two of you are going on about...

 
At Friday, July 15, 2005, Blogger peashelle said...

Yes, the 70s were scary, lol.

Perhaps, Jenny, perhaps.

 
At Friday, July 15, 2005, Anonymous Limey said...

I know! You have a 70's fetish and can only [deleted] when surrounded by scarey wallpaper, flares, disco music and platform boots?

Tell me I'm right! You know its true!

 
At Friday, July 15, 2005, Blogger peashelle said...

OMG, LMAO, really!!!

No, no, we were talking of past conquests on IM last night and she thought I had some blogworthy material. That's all. :)

 
At Friday, July 15, 2005, Anonymous Jenny said...

And now we both sound like whores. Lovely. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home